Thursday, December 18, 2008

Chihuly at the Garden


A cloudy Sunday morning was spent at the Desert Botanical Gardens enjoying their newest exhibit - Chihuly: The Nature of Glass. We first saw his work at Garfield Park Conservatory in 2001 and I was totally amazed by his talent, so when I saw there would be an exhibit here I quickly renewed our membership to the Gardens so we would not miss out on seeing it. It is truly something that cannot be described and has to be experienced firsthand. I am sure that before it leaves here the end of May, I for one will be visiting the Gardens a few more times. I will definitely be doing a night tour, as the pieces will be illuminated and I can only imagine how cool that will be. Each of the pieces are designed to blend in with the landscaping and look almost a part of it. The Desert Botanical Gardens is such a peaceful place to begin with, the glass exhibit has enhanced the natural beauty and makes it somewhere you just want to sit and reflect. If you are coming out west to visit us this winter you can be assured that a trip to the Garden will be on my list of things you must do.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...