Sunday, March 10, 2013

Hiking Phoenix


Sunday was a bit chilly in the morning, but with the sun going full blast you know that doesn't last for long. Pat and I headed to Deem Hills Park in North Phoenix to hike.
 TO THE TOP!
There are a lot of mountains or at least really big hills in the Phoenix area and so it should not surprise me when civilization in the form of endless subdivisions comes right up to a hiking path. It is a lot different hiking in Phoenix than in Sedona or any other even slightly more remote areas. I think people that do these trails are out for exercise of the running up the mountain kind and well that sure isn't me. I like the solitude of hiking in the quiet, no people, no cars in sight. Well people always end up being in my sight but I guess I can't help that. We took the trail around the perimeter of two mountains which totaled almost 6 miles. I am pretty sure Pat could have done it in a lot less time if I were not there, but with me slowing things down it took about 3 hours. Not as pretty as 3 hours of hiking in Sedona, but different and pretty in it's own way and a lot closer.
 Can you see the bumble bee?
Pat loves the saguaros
 
If I look like I am ready to drop, it's because I am. This is near the end of the hike, the sun has taken a toll on me and I am a sweaty mess with a blister on my toe. Fun day, hope to get some more in before it gets really hot.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...