Sunday, January 13, 2008

Hike No. 2 - Second Water Trail




For this hike, Pat found us a trail in the Superstition Mountains that involved going down into canyons not too much of an elevation change. The trail is 6.2 miles and is not a loop but an in and out. You go in and come out the same way. Mike came with us and had to admit it was fun being outside, climbing on the rocks and making our way across the creeks. William and I were a bit slower than Pat and Mike, and I blame that on the fact that we were just having a nice little walk, taking pictures of our shadows and checking out nature. They blame it on me being a slowpoke. When we made it to the Black Mesa, I thought that was it and time to turn back. Well only for Mike, William and me. The three of us had been pushed to our limits by that time and knew that to go further just meant we had that much more to go to get out. Pat went on to the end of the trail, which was at least a mile further, and was rewarded with some stunning views of the Black Canyon. He ended up coming out ten minutes later than us, so I guess I am a bit of a slowpoke. It was a beautiful day, we had fun spending time outdoors and can't wait for the next Hike.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...