Sunday, January 20, 2008

Rant No. 9 - Snack Schedule

I realize that this opinion is not going to earn me Mother of the Year, but I would like to smack the person that came up with the idea of the "SNACK SCHEDULE". For those of you without kids in organized sports, the snack schedule is who brings the snack for after the game. HELLO!!! Kids cannot run around and play soccer, basketball, football or baseball for an hour without a snack immediately afterwards. If your child is that needy in the junk food/drink department bring your own. First off most kids have brought their own water/gatorade to the game. Second off I haven't met one yet that needs to have chips or cookies every hour. If the idea was to promote some kind of team unity after the game, it isn't working. The kids grab their snack and run, I haven't seen any teams enjoying their snack together and talking about what a great job they did. The only snack schedule that I could agree with was the oranges at halftime for soccer. (End of Rant)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...