Sunday, February 10, 2008

Hike No. 3




This was not a good hiking day for me. I believe that my hiking season is over unless I am done by 10 am. To start with we had to travel .6 of a mile on unmaintained road, well suffice it to say that their idea of a maintained road makes me car sick. We parked before the road ended and walked to the trail, the sun was blazing down on me and there was not a lick of shade in sight. The landscape was very green after having rained a lot the past few weekends, okay by a lot I mean 4 inches from October through January. If you are wondering where Pat and Mike are, they are always five hundred feet ahead of us, and then they stop and when we catch up they are ready to move on, so William and I never get to rest. I was sweaty and cranky and decided enough was enough. Pat and Mike continued on and William and I turned back. I found a nice little rock in the shade and when I went to sit down to rest, there was a plant nearby some kind of cactus tree that attacked me, literally jumped over and attacked me, first my pants and then when I jumped it grabbed my arm and stuck its prickly little things in me until I ripped it off and was left with blood and pain. So this is how William and I ended our hike:

That's right, lounging in the van, with a cool breeze blowing through the open doors and a hawk flying overhead.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...