Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Art of Moving Teeth


I am amazed at how the teeth can be moved around to reach a desired effect. Mike's right front tooth use to turn and was overlapping his left front tooth. It only took two weeks with a palate expander in his mouth to achieve the gap that is shown in the first picture. Maybe I am easily impressed, but when we left the office after the palate expander had been put in place and I was told that he would probably have a space when we came back two weeks later, I was very skeptical. But sure enough two weeks later the huge gap between his teeth emerged. Mike got his braces on four weeks later and it has been two weeks and his teeth already seem to be moving. The gap does not appear as big. I can't wait to see the end results, which will take about two years, a lot of discomfort for Mike and monthly payments from me. It will all be worth in in the end I am sure, when his smile is even more dazzling that it is now.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...