Sunday, October 27, 2013

Dia de los Muertos 2013 - Phoenix

It's that time of year again. The weather starts cooling off and the festivals begin! Okay so things were not exactly cool enough for me yet, but I don't get to pick the day the fun begins. We have been going to the Mesa festival for years, so just to change it up a bit we decided to go to the one in Phoenix. It was at the Margaret T Hance Park and well that park is a story for another day. The music and entertainment is always good, the vendors interesting and the people even more interesting. Here are some photos from the event.
 
  Pretty sure I could have dressed up in one of these outfits.
 Ignore the woman in the chair, couldn't cut her out without losing the dragon head. Not sure why she is sitting right there, but I think it is to annoy me.
 The dragon and probably the skull head too were used in La ProcesiĆ³n which didn't start till 5PM and I would have melted by then, so not this year.
 
There was plenty of entertainment, music and dancing. I look forward to the coming months of weather perfect for getting outside and exploring new places.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...