Friday, August 12, 2011

Friends on Friday No. 2 - Meet Teri

Teri outside the lovely UHC building

Teri and Frankie on their wedding day, August 11, 2009

I met Teri through work. We both started at United HealthCare in the end of May 2007. My first impression of Teri was of someone who didn't take things too seriously and laughed her way through life. I couldn't have been more wrong. She takes things very seriously, she has had many obstacles to overcome in her life and she faces each challenge with determination to make the best of things and never complains about her situation. Teri and I have become close friends over the past few years. She has taught me to laugh at things I cannot change and not stress over them, to fight for things I can change and helps me see the difference.

Since I have known Teri she has finished school and gotten her associates degree, she continues her education to get her bachelors degree. She has a four-year-old son, Daniel, who was diagnosed with Autism and she is a vigilant advocate for him, always seeking and finding new treatments to help Daniel be the best he can be. Terri was married two years ago yesterday to Frankie HAPPY ANNIVERSARY and they have added a daughter, Aliana to their family.

I am proud to call Teri my friend. I am lucky to have such a wonderful, kind and generous woman in my life. I look forward to being in her and her family's life for many years.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...