Friday, August 26, 2011

Friends on Friday No. 3 - Meet Darla

Darla and I first met when I made a random appointment to get my hair done at the JCPenney Salon. I was new to the area, had gone to a few different salons and just couldn't find anyone to cut my hair in a manner acceptable to me. Believe me I am not that fussy about my hair, but it was a struggle to find a new sylist. Enter Darla, we hit it off pretty much from that first appointment. We talked about so many things and really seemed to bond. Darla is a great hair stylist, don't judge her on my hair, most of my mishaps are my idea and she is only doing what I ask. I can show her any picture and she can fix my hair that way, the problem with me is I constantly want cuts that just won't work with my hair or I want to go from super short to long overnight. Sometimes she wants to strangle me I am sure. Our relationship has evolved from hairstylist/client to friend.




Darla has a daughter and three beautiful granddaughters who keep her busy with all their activities. The picture of her on the motorcycle/dirt bike/whateveritis in the desert is just the kind of fun day she has with her family. (Wouldn't catch me on one of those)


Darla is a bit of a health nut, doesn't exactly understand my ding dong and diet coke for breakfast routine. She takes good care of herself, eats well, works out and enjoys life. Darla is also a great Happy Hour partner, we have a lot of fun meeting up when we can to unwind and catch up after our hectic days. Darla is an amazing woman. She is very levelheaded, compassionate, thoughtful, charming and just plain fun to hang out with. I am proud to call Darla my friend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...