Sunday, January 6, 2013

Geocache Adventure #8

I am finding it hard to believe that in over three years we are only on Adventure #8. MIght have been a few small ones in there I forgot to record, but Really? three years and only eight? I love doing this geocaching thing. It is a fun activity that can be enjoyed by all, no special skills required. It gives us a chance to be outside and visiting areas that we probably would never go to if not on the hunt for buried treasure. I think I like it the most out of the four of us, and it isn't always easy to get others to go along with me on this, so imagine my delight Sunday AM when Mike asked what if anything was going on for the day and I said I would like to do something outside and he replied "like geocache?" WOW yes like geocache. Everyone was on board and so off we went. I planned a route that wouldn't take us too far from home, but had a couple of interesting historical sites to search at.
 
 Find number 1 and we are off to a good start.
 Be careful in those rocks you never know what may be there.
 Find number 2 and this one at an old entrance to what was once Williams Airforce base which is now the far east end of Mesa/Phoenix Gateway Airport.
 Three guys on the hunt, who will get there first? Yes this does somehow turn into a competition. Guess that can't be avoided when males are involved.
 Who the best, looks like William the best!
 Putting the cache back where he found it.
Now for my personal favorite of the day. It is one we tried a couple years ago and couldn't find. It is at another historical site, this one at the Desert Wells Stage Stop. Pat found the cache, it was a great hide, very clever.

 
I am thinking Pat wins as the best for today's outing. I was super excited to finally have that cache discovered. It was a fun couple hours driving around finding buried treasures, and especially fun because Mike and William came and participated, even if there was two dozen KrispyKreme brought along as a bribe.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...