Saturday, January 5, 2013

Journey on my Bike

Saturday mornings have turned into my time to go out on my bike to ride and enjoy the fresh air and solitude. I am usually gone around two and a half hours and I enjoy the journey. One of my frequent routes is to ride up to the path along the canal, then head north into Mesa, trying to go further each week. Bordering the canal is everything from farmland to new subdivisions to over 55 and snowbird communities. I see something new every week, I usually hear roosters cockadoodledoing, there are lots of horse farms and even some citrus orchards. I stop at a Starbucks on my way back home that just happens to be right off the path and enjoy a latte while I rest before heading on home. The weather right now is perfect for my morning rides. It is as low as the 30s when I leave the house, but the sun is shining and it just doesn't feel that cold. Of course, there is no wind chill here that I know of. I love my bike and I love my Saturday morning rides, I hope to get in as many as possible before it gets too hot again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...