Monday, November 12, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mom

Mom and her sister Mary


Surprise and Happy Birthday! My mother turned 75 this year and my sister and I had a surprise party for her at Shaw's Crab House. My mother is not an easy person to pull a surprise off on. I think it was her 50th birthday when some friends were planning a surprise party and she got wind of it and refused to show up. She does not like surprises. This one was relatively easy for me because my sister handled all the arrangements. All I had to do was send out invitations and show up. I believe my mother was truly surprised about the party and even more surprised to see me there. We were so happy that so many of her friends were able to attend. Some of these women she has known over 50 years, others are newer friends but just as dear to her. Everyone had a great time visiting with each other, the food was wonderful and the drinks were flowing. Here's to many more birthdays to come filled with friends and family. Happy Birthday, Mom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

like these picturesof the girls!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...