Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Rant No. 7 - Margarita mayhem

Well as previously stated I am still on my quest to find a great margarita here in AZ. So when I saw a new Mexican restaurant opened near us, advertised as Gourmet Mexican Cuisine, I thought okay here I go. So Sunday night Pat and I head over there, because I am sure this is going to be the place where I finalize my quest. It is a nice enough looking place, we are seated in a booth in the kind of empty bar area (should have been a clue right there) and served chips and salsa. The waitress comes over and asks if we would like something to drink like maybe a lemonade. WHAT??? A lemonade? I have never had that question asked of me in a mexican restaurant. So I say actually I will have a margarita, on the rocks, no salt. Well she is very sorry but they don't exactly have a liquor license right now. They had a temporary one for a couple days, but the permanent one has not been granted yet so no liquor. I was almost speechless, but did manage to blurt out that the margarita was kind of the main reason I was there. Did I sound like a lush or what? She was really sorry and totally understood if we decided to go, in fact mentioned a new brewery that opened down the road a piece. We did go, and I didn't even manage to grab any chips and salsa, because after all you need a decent salsa to go with that margarita.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...