Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Rant No. 8 - Bathroom Bedlam

The main bathrooms at work are being remodeled, so they have pulled into the back parking lot "luxury porta-potties" if there is such a thing. Actually I think that would be an oxymoron, but I digress. As porta-potties go, they are okay, they flush and have running water to wash your hands, the problem? There are three for women and two for men. Let's just say the office is more women than men and I would estimate that there are 150+ people working there. There is another indoor bathroom that is still in use, it was a women's bathroom and they have made it into a unisex bathroom, the Luxury Porta-Potties are not handicap accessible so I would imagine that is why this was done. Well some genius installed a door handle that locks from the inside. There are women in that office that go in there one or two at a time (it accommodates nine) and they lock the door, I imagine so no men can get in. To say they are ticking me is an understatement, I have in the last three days tried to go to the bathroom at least four times and found it locked. One time there was a line for the porta-potties. Now my issue is if they cannot tolerate the idea of a male entering the washroom while they are in there, they need to use the Luxury suites which are private. If you are wondering why I don't use the Luxury suites, you don't know me very well, plus I have no problem with a person of the opposite sex being in the same restroom facility as me. (end of rant)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...