Saturday, December 1, 2007

Update on Rant No. 7 - Margarita Mayhem

Last night we went to Cantina Laredo, after calling to confirm the liquor license was in place. I am somewhat disappointed to report that I am not able to end my search for a great margarita in this area, however they have just about the best food I have had in a Mexican restaurant since, well since I was at Adobe. (See PSA No. 2) Two salsas are served with the chips, one is warm with a chipotle flavor, the other nice and spicy. The guacamole was made table side and was excellent, we nearly licked the bowl clean. We ordered Enchiladas de Espinaca, which were spinach enchiladas in a creamy poblano sauce, and Shrimp Taquitos which are pretty much self explanatory. We shared the two dinners and I will say those Enchiladas were hands down the best I have ever had. Dessert was also to die for, it was called Mexican Apple Pie and was a slice of apple pie placed on a very hot skillet, topped with cinnamon ice cream and then a Mexican Brandy Butter was poured over the top. The aroma that came from the brandy butter being put on the hot skillet was enough to make the entire restaurant beg for one. In my opinion all this place is lacking is a really good margarita, the margarita was okay but not outstanding and for a place with such outstanding food they must have a margarita to match.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...